Children of Boracay

Children of Boracay
Fun time from a simple child in Boracay

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A SMART ADVOCACY


kids at Malapascua Island Cebu
with Chris Tiu, Smart Gilas, Smart Executives Mr. Mon Isberto and Mr. Orlando Vea


March 25,2011

Yesterday was the opening of the Smart Internet for all Exhibit at Shangri-la Plaza. Thanks for all who supported this event. It is truly a memorable one.
My family and I had several exhibits but this is one of my most favorite that is why I accepted this project because I like their concept. I used to shoot for annual reports, calendars, advertorials,coffee table books and product shots. This project is a different one it has a heart, this is the other side of me.I love to shoot people especially children. Smart chose three photographers , Me, Jake Versoza and Joan Bitangcol. We were assigned on different locations to shoot and express through photographs how Internet changed other peoples lives. Me myself didn't realize the importance of internet to other people until I went to my assigned locations.Like in Bicol , there's this certain group called kabalikat Bikol , they have this infoboard they use to send messages to all members if there is a disaster, accidents or important events like Penafrancia. I also found out that SMART has a solar and wind powered cell site in Malapascua Cebu. It helped the community in Malapascua through tourism and helped the parents of the children I shoot changed their lives because of their jobs. And the cellsite is eco friendly. In Cebu also, Sunstar used internet through video streaming as another way of delivering news to people around the world. They post Sinulog live so other Filipinos could watch it. there was this story I like, The Lolo and Lola would watch sinulog and teach their grandchildren how to dance the Sinulog way. In Baguio I shoot an agent , she's the number 1 reseller in the north area and through selling smart bro she was able to renovate their house and send her children to school. Internet is truly an amazing tool which we can't live without nowadays. It helps us make our lives easier. Again Congratulations...Kudos to Smart Public Affairs. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express the other side of me.

No comments: